2019 Regular Local Election
Here is a list of positions that will be on the ballot for the 2019 Local Election.
Here is the Secretary of State's Proclamation for the 2019 Local Election.
Here is the Resolution designating the poling places for the 2019 Local Election.
Click here to see the dates and times for early voting for the 2019 Local Election.
FILING FEE CHANGES
As of July 1, 2019, the Clerk's Office will no longer offer a $10 in-person filing fee. Please click here for more information.
Duties of the County Clerk
- First, the County Clerk serves as the arm of the State with regard to the administration of the elections in the County.
- Second, the County Clerk has significant recording, filing, and indexing duties as the repository for numerous documents.
- Third, the County Clerk serves as the Ex-Officio Clerk for the Board of County Commissioners of their respective county.
- Fourth, the County Clerk also serves as the Clerk of the Probate Court.
- Fifth, the County Clerk is responsible for the issuance of marriage licenses.
- Finally, the County Clerk has other varied statutory duties, including but not limited to those relating to the routine financial transactions of the County.