Otero County has no zoning or licensing requirements. However, restrictive covenants, deed restrictions, county ordinances, or the regulations of other government entities may apply. Certain areas of the county may fall under review by other governing bodies in the case of ETJ (extra-territorial jurisdiction) but currently there is not zoning in Otero County.

Building Permits & Inspections

For Building Permits or Inspections please contact:

State of New Mexico Regulation and Licensing Department
Construction Industry Division (CID)
Manufactured Housing Division (MHD)
505 South Main Street, Suite 118
Loretto Town Center
Las Cruces, New Mexico 88001
Phone: 575-524-6320

Licensing & Exam Services

For Licensing or Exam Services please call 877-663-9267 or go to the PSI Exams website.

Environmental Concerns

For Environmental concerns please contact:

New Mexico Environmental Department
District III
1015 Cuba Avenue
Alamogordo, NM 88310
Phone: 575-437-7115
Fax: 575-434-1813